GCG Music is a cooperative of music industry executives and producers that work together to build careers in the music and entertainment industries allowing artists to focus on what they are really good at, making great music. Founded by its principle and award-winning producer and industry executive Ian Faith, the network reaches into the heart of the business in 7 countries. Over the years GCG has been responsible for driving revenue for bands and artists around the world. Relationships with all the major record labels and distributors as well as independent artists and coalitions.
GCG is a proud full member of MERLIN, the virtual fifth major label, a global rights agency representing the world’s most important independent music labels including, Rough Trade, Epitaph, Tommy Boy, Beggars Group, Sub Pop, Mushroom [PIAS], Domino and Koch/E1 amongst others.
Merlin seeks to ensure its members have effective access to new and emerging revenue streams and that their rights are appropriately valued and protected. With a globally representative board elected by its community, Merlin ensures that independents finally have a vehicle which can protect and enhance the strength, diversity and unique interests of its members and enhance their ability to compete and access new revenue streams in the ever changing world of digital music.
GCG relationships give its artists and clients access to all the assets needed to grow a professional music career and be successful. (International, Physical & Digital Distribution, Production, Marketing and Sales, Business Planning, to name but a few.)
GCG has a network of independent industry professionals to facilitate the implementation of specialty services, these relationships ensure honorable committed efforts on behalf of the artist, making each dollar more valuable and powerful within the group.
With a proven track record, infrastructure and a vision for the future of the industry, GCG provides its artists major label expertise.
- “Big Yellow Taxi” by Helen C. Signed to EMI Records.
- Gold & Platinum Record awards for sales globally.
- Rolling Stone and Billboard Magazine Features.
- Christina Aguilera – before the release of “Genie in a Bottle” GCG released “I Come Undone” on its new and undiscovered artists compilation “The Scene Compilation.”
- Beta-tested the iTunes Producer and Music store for Steve Jobs and Apple.
- Bernadette Moley #1 on iTunes Music Store.
- Boo Yaa TRIBE, B-Real, and Eminem collaboration on “911.”
- Sons of Funk career restructuring after bad label deal.
- Red Sands Dreaming signed to Atlantic Records.
- Colin Hay from Men At Work, launches successful solo career and international touring.
- CAAMA Publishing Deal with Warner Chappell Music.
- Lisa Barbuscia “Adore You” in Luc Besson’s “Kiss of the Dragon” Movie and soundtrack.
- Hundreds of various film and tv licenses.
- National and international tours.
- and many, many more…